Saturday 28 April 2012

London Trip - How to Pack Effectively

Before leaving to London, I had struggled packing. At first I had many items of clothing I wanted to bring along with me for the five day stay, but in reality bringing an excess of attires can be tiring and may lead to extra charges (having more than required luggage weight). For girls this is not uncommon obviously, most probably bring their entire wardrobe with three or more suitcases! Totally unnecessary.. and as for guys, though we often tend to limit ourselves, sometimes that can be difficult. Knowing much about London, I was well aware of the fashion capital and the sophistication in clothing many people wear. That was mainly the biggest issue I had, as I wanted to be dressed well for day to day basis (not to mention I was visiting universities for next year). That said, I had to plan strategically by mixing different (limited amounts of) clothing encompassing one (regular size) suitcase that would mash well together. At first, I had picked the color blue and gray (mainly from two blazers) as a definite element I wanted encompassed in my looks. Having had that in mind, I happened to have a pair of sneakers that have blue, silver, and white color blocking which were perfect! From there on, I had to focus on under-layers. To have a small variety, I picked out a blue polo and a yellow T-shirt that both mix well with blue or gray! As for bottoms, I wanted a different color and therefore went for my black denim jeans (tip: black goes with everything) as well as a gray chino (which looked great with the gray blazer having a pop of color from the shoes or shirt/polo). That made a total of, if curious, five items (including a sweater if ever cold) excluding one outfit I had worn with me during travel (as well as coat) and underwear/socks in addition to toiletries. So the key to successful packing in my theory is to first think of elements for your upcoming looks; whether color, type (e.g. suits and blazers if plan to be on business trip), shape, or texture! From then on, pick clothes that fit the chosen element criteria and try to make models by exchanging a regulated quantity of clothes (from one outfit to another).

Day 1 & 2
   

              

Day 3
           

Day 4
       
Sorry for Day 5 had not taken any pictures, but for an outlook (gray chino + gray blazer + yellow tee). Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment